Desert Atlantic Tour
Desert Atlantic Tour.
• Looking for something special in the deep south of Morocco?
• Off-road riding in remote areas? Camp out in nature? Swim in oasis?
• Find fossilized sea animals in the desert? Visit 6000 years old rock paintings?
• Ride your bike over 2500m high mountain passes, explore deep canyons?
• Have a rewarding jump in the sea once we reached the Atlantic Ocean?
Then the Desert Atlantic Tour is exactly what you need.
13 days tour from which 11 days off-road riding with 1 day relaxing at the beach
Starting from Ouarzazate we follow the Draa River through the southern deserts of Morocco all the way to the Atlantic coast and back through the Siroua Mountains. With its total of over 1600km this is the longest off-road tour we offer in Morocco. Daily average of riding is between 100km and 200km per day, depending on the terrain. Due to the extreme heat this tour can not be done during the summer.
Yamaha TT600Re with 42hp air-cooled engine, no electronics, easy electric starter. Guiding is done by GPS on the handle bars. Detailed track information on the screen shows you exactly where to go. All fuel is included. You can also choose to do the tour on KTM 450 EXC.
4×4 assistance truck
Depending on the group’s size one or two 4×4 service trucks follow the participants over the exact same tracks and carry on board: Mechanic/tour leader, fridge with coke and beer, fridge with food, your personal luggage, 180 litre petrol, spare-parts, tools, tyres, tubes, 12 volt compressor, water, tents, sleeping bags, inner sheets, mattresses, cooking materials, etc
Dinner Breakfast Lunch
We buy fresh vegetables and meat during the day in local villages. Where possible we have lunch in small restaurants along the track. On other places we enjoy a picnic lunch under the shade of a tree. Dinner is prepared “en group” that means we all give a hand, also with cleaning the dishes.
You have the benefit of our 40 years Morocco experience. Our wild-camps are carefully chosen spots next to a well or near a spring. On 2 bivouac locations we camp beside a natural pool in the desert. Both great places for a refreshing swim after a dusty ride. You’ll be provided with a Decathlon “2-seconds” tent. Easy to put up, throw it in the air and your room is there! For a comfortable night we have self-inflating mattresses. Sleeping bags with proper clean inner sheets keep you warm at night. In the morning we break up camp and after a group-prepared breakfast we head out further into the desert.
During the day the guys in the 4×4 collect wood for the evening campfire. We all have a good time sitting together around the fire, enjoying a cold beer or coke, talking about the days ride and staring at the stars… This beats any hotel.
We spend 4 nights in hotels. There we find all the comfort; hot showers, dinner at a table, drinks from the bar, a real bed to sleep in, etc.
4 to 6 persons
• 11 days rent of motor cycle
• GPS on the handle bars with detailed track information
• All fuel during the Tour
• 4×4 service truck with mechanic follows the same track
• All luggage, spare fuel, tools, tubes, bivouac materials etc are transported by the 4x4
• Bottled water and energy bars are provided free during the days ride
• 12 nights accommodation in bivouacs and hotels
• All day dinner breakfast lunch
• Transfers from and to Ouarzazate Airport
Not included are
• Drinks in hotels and beer from the 4x4 fridge
• Riding gear
• Airplane ticket
Price for this 13 day arrangement
13-day Desert Atlantic Tour with 11 riding days on Yamaha TTR for 3250 euro pp.
13-day Desert Atlantic Tour with 11 riding days on KTM 450 EXC for 3950 euro pp.
Start and finish is in Ouarzazate. Total length of this trip is 1600km.
E-Mail him now for more information or general advice: firstname.lastname@example.org